La Demeure de Gilles
8 Bedrooms |
6 Bathrooms |
Village House | Fenced Pool | Table Tennis | Wi-Fi |
- Ground floor: Entrance hall. Living/dining room with door to terrace. Kitchen (microwave, dishwasher, washing machine) with door to interior courtyard. Small salon with door to interior courtyard. TV room (fireplace, TV, DVD, CD). Cloakroom. Wi-Fi internet access. Central heating throughout the house (payable locally). Telephone (payable locally).
- First floor: Suite: salon, double bedroom (A/C) and en suite shower room. Second double bedroom (A/C) with door to balcony. Twin bedroom. Bathroom (accessed from second double bedroom and twin bedroom). Double bedroom with en suite bathroom. Shower room. Single bedroom.
- Second floor: Spacious living area. Twin bedroom. Single bedroom. Bathroom. Double bedroom (A/C) with en suite bathroom and private roof terrace.
- Outside: Enclosed courtyard garden of lawn, covered and open stone terraces. Shower room. Barbecue. Table tennis. Garage (space for 2 cars).
- Private fenced swimming pool (8m x 4m) with corner steps.
A fine 18th Century manor house in the heart of a wonderful Provençal village, La Demeure de Gilles has been carefully and lovingly restored to become an elegant and stylish home where a suitably grand yet understated and welcoming atmosphere is immediately apparent.
The spacious central hallway boasts the original stone floor, archways and pillars, with antique tables adding to the overall effect.
From here, doors open onto a number of living areas, ensuring there is plenty of space to accommodate a group of friends or families. Choose between a summer salon overlooking an interior courtyard, the TV room or the beautiful living/dining room, decorated in harmonious hues of cream, rose and taupe.
Painted wood furniture and comfortable sofas sit atop the chequered stone floor, which, with the grand fireplace, allude to the history of the house.
Access to the bedrooms is by way of an impressive stone staircase leading to the first floor. Each bedroom has been individually decorated with exquisite fabrics and locally sourced pieces of furniture and accessories. Particular mention must be made of the splendid suite on the first floor, and the double bedroom on the second floor which has its own private roof terrace, complete with sun loungers and a wonderful view of Caromb and the surrounding countryside.
Privately ensconced behind high stone walls and a variety of mature trees, the courtyard garden is a delight. Doors from the living rooms open out on to a wide stone terrace where a vine covered bower creates a shady spot for al fresco dining. A covered 'gallery style' terrace runs the length of one wall whilst the pool sits on the lower level surrounded by a small, immaculately kept lawn and a paved terrace. To one side, a row of olive trees adds that essential Provençal touch.
Part of La Demeure de Gilles' charm is its location in the heart of a village that is both picturesque and full of life. A short stroll from the house and you can buy fresh croissants for breakfast, stamps for your postcards, have a morning coffee in the square or an evening meal in one of the restaurants. There is also a shop for essential items and a weekly market (Tuesdays).
Such is the appeal of the property and village that visitors may find it difficult to leave. However, this beautiful corner of Provence deserves further exploration. Hilltop villages such as Venasque (17km) and Le Crestet (17km) boast stunning views across the countryside, art galleries and shops line the streets of Gordes (32km) and Vaison la Romaine (19km) whilst the foothills of Mont Ventoux and the Dentelles de Montmirail are sprinkled with walking trails.
Whilst there are eight bedrooms, the accommodation is suitable for a maximum of 12 guests.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click price to Book Online: