Casale di Preggio
5 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Table Tennis | Heated Pool |
- Ground floor: Entrance hall. Cloakroom. Living room (TV, DVD, WiFi, iPod dock, fireplace) with doors to terrace. Dining room (woodburner) with doors to terrace. Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher, American-style fridge/freezer) and access to terrace. Utility room (washing machine). Central heating (payable locally).
- First floor: Landing. Panoramic viewing terrace. Principal double bedroom with king size bed, ceiling fan, and en suite bathroom. Double bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite shower room. Twin bedroom (ceiling fan). Shower room.
- Second Floor: Double bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite cloakroom and balcony.
- Casetta (within the grounds): Double bedroom. Shower room.
- Outside: Open and shaded terraces. Barbecue. Table tennis. Enclosed, terraced grounds. Electric entrance gates. Private parking.
- Private heated swimming pool (10m x 5m).
Resting on a picturesque Umbrian hillside and commanding spectacular views along the fertile Niccone Valley this beautifully renovated and exceptionally comfortable 18th century country home is surely the quintessential Italian rural residence. Renowned for its summer opera festival the sleepy village of Preggio (home to a minimarket and respected local restaurant) is only 1.7km away and a lengthy list of iconic, historic towns and villages pepper the nearby hills and valleys. Without doubt this is an enviable location.
Both inside and out the architectural integrity of this fine property has been carefully retained. Local stone and thick chestnut beams skilfully render the traditional Umbrian design, fully-fenced grounds surround the house and a delightful oak tree-shaded patio provides the perfect spot for reading (or perhaps a post-lunch snooze!).
A little orchard and enticing sun terrace border the panoramic private swimming pool while the ample dining terrace that adjoins the double-fronted façade, positioned to take full advantage of those remarkable views, extends an open invitation to indolence at all hours of the day.
Throughout the house antique and soft rural furnishings seamlessly marry with numerous modern comforts. An imposing Basaltine fireplace graces the living room and the dining area is connected to a very well-equipped kitchen, with both spaces enjoying multiple access to the grounds and terraces. Three comfortable bedrooms are found on the first floor, itself with a covered viewing terrace and a fourth bedroom occupies the second floor ‘tower’ with its own private terrace. The views from each bedroom are, once again, breathtaking. In addition, there is a separate 'casetta' in the grounds with a bedroom and shower room, ideal for a couple seeking additional privacy.
Perugia, Assisi, Città di Castello, Spoleto and Gubbio are all easily accessible and each makes for a splendid day trip. In addition, being located just 6km from the Tuscan border brings equally important landmark towns such as Siena, Montepulciano, Arezzo and Cortona within an hour’s drive. Even closer to home you will find numerous walking and biking trails in the surrounding hills, fishing on the Tiber River at Umbertide, Perugia golf club about 30 minutes away and Lake Trasimeno offering swimming, sailing, windsurfing and boat trips across to the peaceful island community of Isola Maggiore.
- Terraced grounds and some low walls/railings in and around the property mean that younger children in particular will require supervision.
- The maximum occupancy at this house is 8 people. While 5 bedrooms are available for use, the maximum occupancy of the villa remains 8 people.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.