3 Bedrooms |
3 Bathrooms |
- Lower Ground floor: Living room (fireplace, TV, DVD, CD) with doors to terrace. Open plan kitchen/dining room (oven, microwave, dishwasher). Shower room (washing machine). Central heating (payable locally).
- Upper Ground floor: Sitting room with doors to covered terrace. Double bedroom with en suite bathroom.
- First floor: Double bedroom. Double bedroom (low sloping ceiling). Bathroom.
- Outside: Dining terrace with pergola. Garden. Woodland. Brook bordering the property. In-built barbecue. WiFi. Private parking.
- Private swimming pool (11m x 5.5m) with Roman steps. Open late May to end September.
Set amidst legions of well ordered vines alongside a meandering brook, this converted mill is full of character and might just be the ideal location for plenty of leisurely days out exploring both Tuscany and Umbria.
Woodland and sloping vineyards surround the house yet the charming hilltop town of Chianciano is just a five minute drive away. The secluded swimming pool is complemented by a dining terrace which overlooks the ‘andante’ flow of water from the brook below and is the perfect spot for reading and relaxation.
The mill retains all its architectural integrity with plenty of individual and characteristic furnishings, art and décor divided between three floors resulting in a truly original country home. On the lower ground floor, a kitchen and dining area adjoins the living room, which is dominated by a large fireplace and has handy access to an outdoor terrace and the pool area. A second living room and the bedrooms are found on the upper floors, one of the highlights being a free standing tub in its own bathroom.
If you can drag yourself from the mill, Chianciano (3km), a traditional spa town, has plenty of bars and restaurants whilst glorious Montepulciano (7km) is a 15 minute drive. The valley town of Chiusi is just 20 minutes away where you can leave your car and take convenient and direct trains to both Florence and Rome for the ultimate day out. Lake Trasimeno (28km) provides an excellent diversion for children and adults alike with ample water sports available as well as boat trips to the island in the middle of the lake.
There is a steep slope down to the brook bordering the property and younger children may need some supervision in this area.
Local access is via an unmade track, which is not ideal for low slung vehicles.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.