Vintage WOW House - Spectacular Views and Immaculate Style
The Fletcher party commented...
"Total isolation, peace + tranquillity, wonderful views, and delicious tomatoes from the garden! Gall..."
6 Bedrooms |
5 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Solar Heated Pool | Table Tennis |
- Ground Floor: Living room (fireplace, TV, DVD, CD, iPod dock) with doors to garden. Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher, wine cooler) with door to garden. Study with door to garden. Cloakroom (washing machine). WiFi. Central heating (payable locally).
- Intermediate level: Children’s room with bunk bed, cabin bed and single bed (ceiling fan).
- First floor: Dining room with door to terrace. Double bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite bathroom (separate shower). Twin bedroom (ceiling fan). Bathroom.
- Second floor: Double/twin bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite shower room. Double bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite bathroom (separate shower).
- Annexe: Double/twin bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite shower room.
- Outside: Garden, open terraces, fruit groves and dining pergola. First floor terrace. Table tennis. Table football. Private parking. Barbecue. Pizza oven.
- Solar heated private swimming pool (12m x 6m) with Roman steps.
A lovingly and sensitively restored country home has retained all the architectural authenticity of this remarkable medieval monastery dating back to 800 AD. The cool local stone is countered by the delicate garden vignettes of lavender and rose, and a plentiful orchard and olive grove pepper the grounds and cradle the gentle terraces within six acres of private land.
The vine and wisteria-covered dining pergola, first floor drinks terrace and the panoramic swimming pool justly allow you to take advantage of the stunning south-facing views across the verdant Niccone Valley whether dining, relaxing or enjoying playful family moments in the swimming pool. The ample dimensions and glorious setting of this house make it ideal for celebrating a special occasion, be it a birthday, anniversary or even a wedding, and the friendly owners can help with the organisation of such events.
Outdoor living is very comfortably complemented by the beautiful interiors of the house seamlessly featuring contemporary and rural furnishings and décor throughout. The modern and well equipped kitchen features an island, making cooking at this property a real delight, whilst the lounge and study are warm and welcoming for any party large or small. A formal dining room on the first floor walks out onto a small terrace where pre-dinner drinks may be enjoyed. A separate annexe built in the same stone as the house offers an extra element of privacy to a couple within the party. This tranquil and unique spot would provide the ideal setting for an intimate wedding, which the attentive owner is capable of arranging for guests.
The surrounding hills straddle the Umbrian-Tuscan border, with unlimited sightseeing and dining opportunities in both Umbria and Tuscany should you be able to drag yourselves from the house! Essential amenities can be found in nearby Mercatale (4km), and further afield Cortona (26km) or Arezzo (45km) in Tuscany make for an excellent day out whilst Città di Castello (39km), Gubbio (36km) and Perugia (55km) in Umbria are within an hour’s drive. Furthermore, younger elements of the party will be happily entertained with boat trips and water sports at nearby Lake Trasimeno (20km).
The double/twin rooms can be made up according to your preference – please specify at time of booking.
Terraced grounds mean that young children might need some supervision at this house.
The owners respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
Flexible changeover day may be possible outside of July and August. Please enquire.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.