4 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
Air Conditioning | WiFi | Village house |
- Ground floor: Open plan living area (TV, DVD, A/C, WiFi) with doors to pool terrace. Kitchen (table for 4, oven, microwave, dishwasher). Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room and French doors to pool terrace. Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room and French doors to pool terrace. External stairs to...
- First floor terrace: Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite bathroom.
- Lower floor: Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room and external stairs to pool terrace. Washing machine.
- Outside: Barbecue. Shower. Shaded dining area. Sun terraces. Private parking.
- Private swimming pool (9m x 4.5m)
Walking through the gate of Niovi for the first time, we were instantly smitten by the eye-catching contrast in colour between the terracotta-hued exterior and pretty emerald shades of the shutters and pergola. Glistening attractively in the centre of the garden the private pool and surrounding greenery further enhance an already colourful collage.
Situated in the heart of Kalami, a selection of tavernas, a couple of mini-markets and little shops as well as a haphazard cluster of houses are virtually all that make up this pretty village where each tiny alleyway seems to lead you down to the sea and striking, horseshoe-shaped bay. Surely nothing more is required for a restful holiday - particularly when it is a mere ‘hop, skip and jump’ from Niovi to the family-friendly beach which is accessed directly across the lane from the house.
Entering the villa, the chic interior, an elegant mix of traditional and modern décor, is a delight from the start. The smart white kitchen has cherry wood counter tops, a matching dining table and pretty, distressed-style chairs. On either side of the compact living area are two bedrooms each with en suite shower rooms and French doors leading out to the garden and pool terrace.
The lower floor houses a further twin bedroom with an en suite while, on the first floor a charming bedroom, again en suite, has its own terrace offering lovely views of the hillsides on either side and the sea to the front. An inviting dining terrace sits ready for outdoor breakfasts and long, lingering barbecues in the evenings.
Dining out in Kalami is a refreshingly informal affair; several waterside tavernas spill out their tables and chairs onto the beach where children can run and play freely, allowing the grown-ups time to set the world to rights! Starlit skies, balmy nights and the soft murmur of the sea as a backdrop, a holiday idyll maybe - but such soothing locations do indeed exist.
During the day, the coastal walks to the neighbouring coves and bays are a wonderful way to explore the headlands of this beautiful part of the island. Alternatively, hire a little boat, pack a picnic and spend the day sailing the seas; you are guaranteed to see a completely different and very memorable side of Corfu.
Please note: Twin beds can be made up as doubles on request – please ask at time of booking.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.