5 Bedrooms |
5 Bathrooms |
Air Conditioning | WiFi | Gated Pool | Table Tennis | Small Party Rate |
Sleeps 6 - 10
- Ground Floor: Open plan master kitchen/living/dining room (oven, microwave, dishwasher, indoor barbecue) with doors to terrace. Cloakroom. Utility room (washing machine). Steps to: Cloakroom. Small kitchen/living/dining room (oven, microwave, dishwasher, woodburner, TV). Third open plan living/dining room/kitchen (dishwasher, TV, DVD, CD) with doors to terraces. WiFi.
- First floor: Principal double bedroom (A/C) with en suite bathroom (separate shower) accessed from master kitchen. Steps to: Cloakroom. Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room accessed from small kitchen.
- Second floor accessed from master kitchen: Double/twin bedroom (A/C, low slanting ceiling) with en suite shower room (no WC).
- Mezzanine accessed from third living room: Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room overlooking third living room and closed by a curtain. Double/twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite bathroom. Cloakroom.
- Outside: Terraced gardens with grass and shrubs. In-built barbecue. Covered and open terraces.Table tennis. Private parking.
- Stairs to gated infinity swimming pool (13m x 4m) with corner steps. Open 7 May to 1 October 2016. Shower.
Gently placed within an olive grove on a south-facing hill, this newly restored home enjoys an idyllic Tuscan setting tantalisingly close to the beautiful walled town of Lucca.
Cleverly divided into three interconnected living areas on the ground floor, and with a wonderful choice of sleeping options on the upper levels, La Limonaia has been artfully designed to ensure excellent privacy and independence for all guests whilst simultaneously offering a wealth of convivial space.
Highlights include the master kitchen with its indoor barbecue, leading to two double bedrooms on the first and second floors. From the main kitchen and living area a connecting hallway proceeds to a smaller open plan lounge/dining room, itself with a fitted kitchen, and from here stairs lead to a further double room with access to a rear terrace and garden. A third spacious living and dining area, again with kitchen, leads to the mezzanine level where two more well appointed double bedrooms are found. All the ground floor spaces offer access to the large dining terraces and all the rooms are beautifully decorated with antique furnishings, objets trouvés and original art. The various terraces offer dining possibilities at each time of the day and from the front terrace a short flight of stairs leads downwards to the gated infinity swimming pool. Both the swimming pool and the outdoor spaces make the best of the gorgeous views below.
One of only four houses to enjoy this spectacular position, La Limonaia offers a rural retreat within close reach of amenities, with the little village of Aquilea just up the hill offering a bar. Lucca (12km) itself is a very short drive away with its Romanesque architecture and the remarkable Piazza dell’Anfiteatro, not to mention its many trattorie and restaurants. The amazing hill scenery of the Garfagnana is further up the valley whilst the renaissance and baroque villas and gardens of Lucca are peppered about the surrounding hills. Pisa (30km) is half an hour away for a morning’s sightseeing, or a day at one of its nearby sandy beaches. Further afield, Florence (82km), Volterra (82km) and even the Cinque Terre (105km) in nearby Liguria make for an excellent day out.
Terraced grounds mean that young children would need supervision at this house.
The 4 double/twin bedrooms can be prepared as either - please advise at time of booking.
Maximum capacity is 6 and the pool is closed during the following periods: 26/03/16 - 07/05/16 and 01/10/16 - 05/11/16. The owner may use part of the house during these periods but will enter via a separate entrance and your privacy will be respected at all times.
The owners respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.