El Castillo de Playa America
5 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
Beachfront Property | Games Room | WiFi | Small Party Rate |
- Ground floor: Entrance hall. Cloakroom. Sitting/dining room (fireplace, TV, DVD, WiFi) with patio doors to garden on one side and to terrace overlooking the ocean on the other. Games room (pool table). Kitchen/breakfast room (dishwasher, washing machine) with door to garden. Single bedroom wih en suite cloakroom. Central heating throughout the house.
- First floor: Principal double bedroom with en suite bathroom and French doors to covered and open balconies on two sides. Twin bedroom with en suite shower room, and French doors to covered balcony and open terrace.
- Second floor: Landing. Double bedroom with en suite shower room and French doors to shared covered balcony. Double bedroom with French doors to shared covered balcony. Shower room.
- Outside: Mature garden of lawns, trees and shrubs. Cloakroom. In-built barbecue. Pergola covered dining area. Covered and open terraces. Two ponds. Poolside shower. Covered parking.
- Private swimming pool (11.5m x 5m) with Roman steps
Stunningly positioned atop its own private headland at the end of Playa America’s impressive sweep of golden beach, touching the sand on one side and lapped by waves on the other, El Castillo de Playa America is the distinctive landmark that has for so many years caught our eye as we have visited and holidayed on this picturesque stretch of coast. Its imposing tower and eye-catching stone turrets are dramatically silhouetted against the shoreline and create the enticing image of a fairytale-like castle on the beach.
Having always admired it from afar, it was with utter delight that we accepted an invitation to view this unique seafront home, and as we stepped through the entrance gates and looked out across the ocean from the elegant garden, we could not fail to be impressed.
Elevated above the beach and therefore enjoying a far-reaching view across the waterfront from their eastern perimeter, immaculately tended grounds spread out before the picture-postcard stone façade in a luxuriant medley of pretty paved pathways, manicured lawns and mature trees. To one side, a well proportioned swimming pool occupies a sunny lawned corner whilst the house itself sits at the end, adjoining the rocks of the headland that denotes the end of the beach.
Inside, light floods through wide windows and pretty French doors that perfectly frame the sea views and create a constant reminder of how close the ocean is. Simply styled with a neat and unpretentious décor that is perfectly suited for family holidays by the sea the rooms are bright and spacious, with all upstairs bedrooms having their own balcony overlooking either the garden or the sea. In the dining room, meals can be taken whilst looking out across the water to the twinkling lights and elegant coastline on the other side.
The true charm of El Castillo de Playa America is however its location, since a position any closer to the golden shore of the Rias Baixas would be impossible to find. Slip the catch of the garden gate and you will find yourself stepping directly onto Playa America, which stretches out ahead in a picturesque arc of fine sand. Wander along the shoreline to discover the local shop, fishmonger, restaurants and cafes that nestle amongst the traditional seafront homes that line the promenade; continue to the end of the beach to reach the delightful fishing port of Panxon or drive just 10 minutes in the other direction to sample to many culinary delights of chic Baiona.
The internet connection is delivered by MiFi, which is via a mobile network device
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.