4 Bedrooms |
3 Bathrooms |
Air Conditioning | WiFi | Small Party Rate |
- Ground Floor: Living room (fireplace, CD player, piano, iPod dock) with French doors to covered veranda. Open plan kitchen/dining room (oven, dishwasher, microwave, TV) with French doors to covered dining terrace. Cloakroom. Double bedroom (A/C). Double bedroom (A/C) with French doors to covered terrace. Bathroom. Air conditioning and central heating (payable locally).
- First floor: Master double bedroom (A/C, TV, fireplace) with French doors to covered terrace and en suite bathroom (separate shower).
- Lower ground floor: Turkish bath/steam room. Double shower. Cloakroom. Television room (surround sound music system, Bluray DVD). Utility room (washing machine, ironing facilities). Double bedroom. Bathroom. Access to garden.
- Outside: Garden, terraces, fruit groves and dining pergola. Barbecue. Pool lounge with hammock. Private covered parking. Children’s play area.
- Private infinity swimming pool (10m x 5m) with separate children’s pool (10m x 2m).
Quite an entrance awaits at Villa Martinozzi: a train of cypress trees meandering along the descending lane to a newly built country home whose every detail has been thought through to enable most indoor and outdoor pleasures at this fabulous family home. Cradled by a vast enclosed garden peppered with olive trees, fig and fruit trees, the beginnings of the Lower Tiber Valley meander away from Orvieto as it makes its way to Rome and views of the surrounding area are enjoyed from most parts of the well-tended garden.
The outdoor spaces here really are magnificent: a relaxing outdoor lounge and dining terrace complete with hammock surround a stunning infinity swimming pool with a long slender children’s pool placed directly below. A children’s play area on the opposite side of the garden will further delight younger members of your party.
An accent on outdoor living continues within the house as a covered veranda and two covered terraces, one accessible from the kitchen/dining room, and the other accessed via one of the well appointed double bedrooms line one side of the house to make the most of the breathtaking views. A very well-equipped and modern kitchen has access to a dining terrace whilst in the living room plush furniture surrounds a feature fireplace and polished wooden floors throughout are testament to the quality of the materials used to complete this delightful home.
Upstairs, a master double bedroom with its own stunning bathroom enjoys views of the glorious scenery from the windows and from a private balcony. The lower ground floor features a unique space for relaxation: to one side is a double bedroom with access to the garden whilst to the other is a television room with surround sound and comfortable seating options. A stunning Turkish bath provides a wonderful opportunity for quiet contemplation!
Around a mile up the hill is the hilltop village of Giove with a popular bar, restaurants and amenities. If you can tear yourself away from the house, nearby Todi (67km) and Orvieto (42km) make for a lovely day out or even an opportunity to enjoy their unique atmospheres after an evening meal. Other superb days within an hour’s drive can be enjoyed at Viterbo (32km), Lake Bolsena (53km), Montepulciano (92km) and Spoleto (62km). The beguiling city of Rome (100km) of course beckons too. A short drive will take you to Orte (15km) where regular, direct trains will save you the bother of driving for a great day out in the Eternal City.
The owners respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
Arrival time at the property is from 17.00.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.