Quinta da Lua
4 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Small Party Rate |
- Ground floor: Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine). Twin bedroom. Shower room. Principal double bedroom with en suite bathroom.
- First floor: Mezzanine landing. Sitting/dining room (TV, DVD, i-pod dock, wood burning stove) with doors to covered terrace. Central heating throughout the house. WiFi.
- Entrance hall. Two double bedrooms with en suite shower room. Central heating.
- Spacious terraced grounds of lawns, grassland and fruit trees. Open and covered terraces. Poolside shower. Barbecue.
- Private swimming pool (12m x 5m) with Roman steps.
Nestling against a backdrop of lush woodland this fine stone residence sits amidst 2 acres of tiered walled grounds in the most attractive of rural settings. Home-from-home comforts and a restful country ambience await within its traditional walls whilst the bustling local life, shops and restaurants of historic Vila Verde are just 2.2km away.
A charming courtyard, still displaying its original floor of higgledy-piggledy stone paving, creates a delightful entrance and a sense of the history and charm that has been so sensitively retained in the property’s recent restoration.
Up-to-the minute appliances have been fitted against a backdrop of exposed stone walls, solid wood furnishings sit comfortably alongside family heirlooms and on the upper floor of the main house a wonderfully spacious living room opens out onto a covered terrace, a perfect vantage point from which to survey the ample grounds.
Visible from here are grassy terraces beyond and below the swimming pool, fruit trees offering a tasty selection of oranges, lemons, kiwis and plums, and to one side, a separate annexe housing two of the four bedrooms. All of this looks out towards a picturesque vista of pretty countryside, which can be easily explored via some excellent walking and mountain biking trails. In the distance is the nearby town of Vila Verde, whilst just 1km away are the local church and café of the village of Barbudo.
• Parties paying the small party rate will have use of the main house only.
• Terraced grounds mean that young children may need supervision.
• We kindly advise that smoking is not permitted inside the house.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.