7 Bedrooms |
6 Bathrooms |
Sleeps 13 - 15
- Ground floor: Vaulted entrance hall. Dining room (fireplace). Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher). Utility room (washing machine). Wine store. Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom. Central heating throughout the house.
- First floor: Landing. Shower room. Double bedroom. Twin bedroom. Landing/living room (WiFi, fireplace). Living room (TV,DVD, telephone) with door to terrace. Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (half bath) and sofa bed. Double bedroom with en suite shower room and doors to outer terrace. Single bedroom with en suite shower room. Library (fireplace,TV, sofa bed) with a door to terrace and spiral wooden staircase to....
Twin bedroom with en suite shower room
- Outside: Summer room (A/C) off front terrace. Twin changing rooms (fridge, shower, basin, WC). Barbecue. Open and covered terraces. Extensive mature grounds. Private woodland. Pond. Covered private parking.
- Private swimming pool (20m x 10m).
This classic stone built 'masía', dating from 1801 is a real gem. Sitting proudly in over 70 acres of immaculately kept grounds, just outside the medieval village of Cruïlles, and a country home to several generations of the same Catalan family, it has been lovingly preserved and maintained through the years.
Great care has been taken to retain vaulted ceilings, open fireplaces, ancient beams and original stone floors, to name but a handful of the distinctive features. Fine antique furnishings span several eras including pieces from the French empire and gothic époques. Large rooms offer ample space and there is a seemingly endless choice of quiet corners and shaded terraces to seek out with a drink and a good book. The summer living room, with its air conditioning and plate glass windows, looks out across the shaded front courtyard, providing an ideal spot in which to relax after an al fresco dinner under the trees.
A huge swimming pool awaits you. On a raised hidden section of garden behind mature olive and mimosa trees you have the added convenience of two changing rooms and even an additional fridge for cooling poolside drinks!
In addition to the manicured lawns, mature trees and shrubs that grace the surrounding gardens, there are extensive woodlands providing dappled shade for cool walks and extensive views across hillsides of holm oaks to the rolling landscape of Les Gavarres.
Cruïlles itself is one of several beautifully restored medieval villages which also include nearby Monells, Peratallada, Palau Sator and Pals. La Bisbal, the local market town, just 5km away, offers excellent shopping facilities and several reputable restaurants. As the centre of the ceramics industry, La Bisbal's main street is a long line of interesting shops displaying a unique range of brightly coloured pottery.
A 30 minute drive brings you to the idyllic horseshoe cove bays of Tamariu and Aigua Blava. Here a dramatic rocky landscape slopes gently down into crystal clear waters. Just alongside, Llafranc and Calella de Palafrugell have further sandy beaches backed by promenades lined with renowned restaurants. The nearby, dune-backed Platja de Pals stretches for miles towards the marshlands at the estuary of the River Ter and offers excellent facilities for windsurfing, wake boarding and sailing.
- The housekeepers live in adjacent quarters with their own independent entrance. They do not use any of the house facilities.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.