Quinta da Agra
8 Bedrooms |
8 Bathrooms |
Billiard Table | Table Tennis | Small Party Rate | WiFi |
CASA DE AGRA (Sleeps 8)
- Ground floor: Entrance hall/drawing room with door to covered terrace. Dining room with original stone hearth. Double bedroom with en suite bathroom. Ktchen (dishwasher, oven, microwave). Cloakroom. Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom. Double bedroom with en suite bathroom. Central heating throughout the house. WiFi.
- Lower ground floor: Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom. Sitting room with French windows to open terrace (billiards table, fireplace,TV, DVD, CD).
EIRA DE AGRA (Sleeps 6)
- Ground floor: Sitting room (fireplace) with door to open terrace. Double bedroom with en suite bathroom and door to covered terrace. Central heating throughout the house.
- First floor: 'Galería' style landing with picture windows. Two twin bedrooms with en suite bathroom.
SEPARATE SUITE (Sleeps 2, externally accessed):
- Twin bedroom. Shower room. Living room (fireplace).
- Terraced gardens. Open and covered patios. Poolside shower. Pond. Garden house incorporating living room, two shower rooms, gym and kitchenette. Private parking. Washing machine.
- Private swimming pool (8m x 5m) with Roman steps surrounded by lawns
An imposing stone portal, topped with a cross, forms the impressive entrance to this charming 16th Century property and gives some indication of the grandeur of the accommodation that lies within its walls.
Quinta da Agra has belonged to the owner's family for many generations and whilst it has been updated and refurbished over the years, a delightful sense of history remains pleasingly evident throughout its impressive rooms. Two houses, each tastefully furnished, sit amidst colourful terraced gardens that are populated with bright flowerbeds, orange and olive trees. These look out across a splendid open vista of the pretty countryside that surrounds the nearby town of Ponte de Lima: green fields, vineyards and a backdrop of mountains stretch out beyond the grounds. Down below, the Rio Trovela is famed locally for its trout.
The division of accommodation into two separate houses will appeal to large groups or sharing families who may seek independence from time to time. Nevertheless, the larger house provides ample space in which everyone can congregate. The former kitchen, with its stone flagged floor and enormous original hearth, has been converted to create a charming dining room, whilst the living room is so vast that it is home not only to an area of soft furnishings but also a billiard table. From this living room, French windows provide access to the swimming pool, which lies behind the main house.
The proximity of Quinta da Agra to the delightful riverside town of Ponte de Lima is particularly appealing. A walk of just 1.5km along a rural lane past open fields and vineyards brings you to a well stocked supermarket, whilst just 1km further on from here are cafés, restaurants and a wide range of shops. Alternatively, should you be tempted by a day on the coast, the wide dune-backed beaches that stretch north and south of Viana do Castelo are just 30 minutes away by car.
- Terraced gardens mean that young children would need supervision.
- Parties paying the 8 person rate will have use of Casa de Agra only.
- Parties paying the 9 - 14 person rate will have use of Casa de Agra and Eira de Agra.
- Parties paying the 15 - 16 person rate will have use of Casa de Agra, Eira de Agra and the separate suite.
- Flexible changeover days may be possible over certain periods at this house. Please enquire.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.