Quinta Souto Chão
4 Bedrooms |
5 Bathrooms |
Games Room | WiFi | Air Conditioning |
Sleeps 6 - 7
- Ground floor: Entrance hall. Shower room. Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher) with feature stone bread oven. Dining room (A/C) with door to covered terrace. Sitting room (fireplace,TV, DVD, CD, A/C). Single bedroom (wood burning stove) with door to covered terrace leading to bedrooms. Two twin bedrooms (A/C) with en suite shower rooms. Double bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room. WiFi.
- Lower Ground floor: Games room (billiards table, A/C). Shower room. Sitting room with kitchenette (TV, A/C). Table football. Laundry room (washing machine).
- Outside: Attractive gardens with wide lawns and flowerbeds. Open and covered terraces. Stone water feature. Barbecue. Private parking.
- Private swimming pool (12m x 6m) with Roman steps.
So welcoming and homely is Quinta Souto Chão that guests are unlikely to want to leave. A meticulously planned restoration has produced a charming house that exudes comfort, quality and a delightful blend of those original features that so typify traditional houses in the Minho.
Your entry through the main door will reveal an inviting living area, where a chestnut wood floor and exposed stone walls are set off against beautifully coordinated fabrics. With sliding doors connecting dining and sitting rooms and the whole area being equipped with hot and cold air conditioning, this is a good choice for both low and peak season rentals. A covered stone terrace, with far reaching views across the surrounding countryside, connects this living area to the three en suite bedrooms which are accessed by way of external doors.
The impressive interior is matched by an equally appealing location. From the swimming pool and well tended grounds of wide lawns and attractive patios a picturesque rural landscape of tiered hillside spreads out before you towards the Spanish border. Younger members of the group will no doubt be delighted to discover the three ponies and small collection of sheep that occupy the field beyond the bottom of the grounds whilst a beautifully presented games room offers extra entertainment on the lower floor of the property.
In the distance below, a church tower rises above the local hamlet, whilst a short walk of 100 metres uphill behind the property brings you to a small shop selling basic items. A local restaurant can be found some 3km from the house and the smart riverside town of Ponte de Lima offers all amenities just 7km away.
- The three en suite bedrooms are situated off an external covered terrace, access to which is through the single bedroom.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.