4 Bedrooms |
3 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Heated Pool | Games Room |
- Ground floor: Living room (TV, DVD, CD, iPod dock) with doors to courtyard. Kitchen/sitting room (microwave, dishwasher, oven). Dining room. Utility area and cloakroom (washing machine). Central heating throughout the house.
- First floor: Library with second sitting area. Double bedroom. Triple bedroom with three single beds. Bathroom. Cloakroom. Telephone (local and incoming calls);
- Second floor: Double bedroom with en suite shower room. Twin bedroom with en suite shower room.
- Converted barn: Poolside changing room and cloakroom on lower floor (table tennis, boules, badminton net). Open-plan upper floor furnished as spacious library/sitting room (table football) with access onto a south-facing deck with extensive views over countryside.
- Outside: Garden with lawns and trees. Private heated swimming pool (10m x 5m) with Roman steps and poolside shower. Shaded dining area. In-built barbecue. Private shaded parking.
It is with great delight that we have recently reintroduced our longterm favourite La Lande back into the Vintage programme. In a conservation area and surrounded by rolling countryside, this is a charming traditional converted farmhouse, lovingly restored by its former owners. La Lande is set in its own grounds of more than two acres of gardens and organic, wild flower meadow, yet it is only a 5 minute drive from Najac, a medieval historic 'bastide' that was awarded 'Un des plus beaux villages de France' and 'Site Remarquable du Gout'.
Dominated by its Richard the Lionheart ruined castle, it offers many amenities including local shops, bars and at least six restaurants. Within a drive of 30 minutes are the other 'bastides' of Villeneuve, Cordes and Villefranche de Rouergue, with its weekly market in the ancient arcaded square and excellent selection of specialist shops.
The roomy house has been furnished to a high standard and provides all the comforts of a home from home. It retains many of the original beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and oak floors of a 19th Century 'corps de ferme'. Two of the four bedrooms are en suite and there is a library stocked with many holiday reads. The large well-equipped farmhouse kitchen with flagstone floor extends into the original living room, which has a quarry tiled floor and huge open fireplace typical of the region. An adjoining salon complete with traditional tiled floor and comfortable sofas provides yet another inviting corner in which to relax and unwind in this most welcoming of houses.
Outside, the original 'pigeonnier', well house, house and barn form the four sides of the sunny courtyard, with access to the sheltered swimming pool and gardens,which slope gently away from the house to the adjoining fields and farmland offering superb open views. The upper floor of the barn has recently been renovated and is now fully furnished as a second sitting room and library, with access to an elevated, south-facing deck overlooking the pool and countryside. The spectacular gorges of the river Aveyron can be reached directly from the house via quiet lanes and tracks.
Weeks commencing 23 July and 30 July are available at a reduced rate due to a late cancellation.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.