Casa do Doutor
5 Bedrooms |
6 Bathrooms |
A/C | WiFi | Games Room | Children's Pool | Heated Pool | Beach 12km |
- Ground floor: Cloakroom. Split-level living/diningroom (fireplace, satellite TV, DVD, CD, WiFi) with double doors to covered dining terrace. Kitchen/breakfast room (oven, microwave, dishwasher, fireplace). Inner hallway/wine store. Utility room (washing machine). Double bedroom (A/C) with en suite bathroom and doors to terrace. Twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room and ceiling fan. Lower ground floor (accessed from side terrace): Shower room. Games room (A/C, satellite TV, DVD, CD, PlayStation, Table Tennis, Table Football).
- First floor: Landing with access to covered terrace and steps to parking/garage area. Double bedroom (TV, A/C) with en suite bathroom, separate shower, dressing area and balcony; Twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room and ceiling fan; Twin bedroom (A/C) with en suite shower room, Juliette balcony and ceiling fan. Central heating throughout the house. Maid service six days per week.
- Outside: Sun terrace. Covered dining terrace. In-built barbecue. Mature, gently sloping lawned garden. Garage. Private parking.
- Private heated swimming pool (8m x 5m).
- Separate solar heated children's pool (3.5m x 3m).
We are immensely proud to include Casa Do Doutor in our portfolio, a delightfully designed blend of contemporary and traditional styles set amidst beautifully maintained gardens. The charmingly named "doctor's house" commands wonderful, sweeping views encompassing mountains, countryside and coast to which our accompanying photography cannot possibly do justice. It is also in the same family as Casa Cahombo and Casa de Baixo - which is one of the highest recommendations we could possibly give!
Thoughtfully designed, immaculately kept and immensely welcoming Casa do Doutor is very much a home from home and a place where guests of all ages will quickly feel at ease.
Thoughtfully laid out over three levels to stay sympathetically in keeping with the lie of the land, Casa do Doutor can boast many delightful features, including the intimate courtyard by the kitchen, the ideal spot to enjoy breakfast on warm summer mornings, or the good size balcony off the principle bedroom from where the views of the surrounding landscape, stretching from the outskirts of Faro in the far east to the Monchique mountains in the far west, are nothing short of breathtaking.
Arranged over two floors, which may suit sharing families or groups of friends particularly well, the bedrooms are all very spacious and each has been decorated with immense taste in an eye-catching blend of traditional colours with contemporary furnishings. The large, vaulted lounge/dining area is open plan and offers direct access onto an impressive, bougainvillea decked dining terrace with substantial brick barbecue to one side.
From this vantage point, parents can keep a watchful eye on the swimming activity in the two private pools just a few steps beyond, as well as enjoy the splendid views across the rural landscape to the Atlantic Ocean. A further distraction for younger (and maybe certain older!) party members is sure to be the air conditioned, very well equipped games room off the side terrace featuring a variety of board games, table football, pool table, PlayStation, TV and DVD.
Should you be able to tear yourself away from this lovely location you will find various shops and restaurants at Boliqueime (4km) and Paderne (8km) as well as many bars and country restaurants dotting the surrounding countryside. The coast and sandy beaches of Olhos de Agua or Falésia are each about a 20 minute drive.
Maid service 6 days per week (not Sunday). The main pool can be heated (minimum three days notice required to be fully effective) at a cost of €210 per week paid directly to the house owner. The main pool can be fenced on request (no extra charge if requested at time of booking). The owners of Casa do Doutor respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.