Casa do Inglês
4 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Children's Pool | Heated Pool | Beach 12km |
- Ground floor: Entrance hall. Living room (TV, DVD, CD, A/C, WiFi) with doors to covered terrace. Dining room (wood burner) with door to covered terrace. Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher). Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom (also accessed from inner hallway). Bedroom with single bed and pull-out bed. Shower room. External access to self-contained suite with double bed (TV, A/C), twin single beds, en suite shower room and kitchenette (fridge). Central heating throughout the house.
- First Floor: Principal bedroom (A/C) with queen-size double bed, en suite bathroom with separate shower, dressing area and roof terrace.
- Outside: In-built barbecue. Utility room (washing machine). Covered and open terraces. Roof terrace. Table football. Terraced garden. Sunken meditation area. Cobbled courtyard with private covered and open parking.
- Private heated swimming pool with corner Roman steps (11m x 5m).
- Separate children's pool (3.5m x 2.5m).
During the substantial refurbishment of Casa do Inglês, every detail was meticulously overseen by caring and conscientious owners with a keen eye for both quality and style. The outcome is a beautifully presented, very well appointed and extremely welcoming country house, both inside and out.
Substantial wrought iron gates greet you on arrival, ushering you into the private, cobbled entrance courtyard with plenty of covered and open parking space. If first impressions are lasting impressions then this is a fine start.
The property throughout is decorated to a very high standard with a carefully chosen blend of antique and contemporary furnishings, eye-catching light fittings and mix of hand-painted and terracotta tiling creating a most hospitable ambience.
Open-plan in design, the living room is spacious, comfortable and airy with double doors onto a long covered dining terrace. Keen cooks will be delighted with the state-of-the-art kitchen; a large, bright room with a first-class range of quality Siemens and AEG appliances, a comprehensive inventory and ample worktop space finished in attractive black marble. Opposite here, the dining room is also generously finished with substantial, tasteful furniture.
With four bedrooms, four bathrooms, central heating throughout, as well as air conditioning in some rooms, Casa do Inglês is not lacking in home comforts. The principal bedroom, on the first floor, boasts a queen-size double bed, a dedicated dressing area and a wonderful en suite bathroom with feature antique roll top bath. Five steps up from the bedroom, a door leads out onto the roof terrace and a perfect, private suntrap for committed sunbathers. Alongside the pool and ideal for party members seeking additional independence, a separate, self-contained suite can be found.
Unfurling over two levels, the attractive, landscaped garden has a small lawn, shady seating under the shadow of two mature trees and a little grove of young olive trees. Sunken into the ground semi-hidden from view is an intriguing, circular meditation area, a peaceful and calming spot also reputed to be a mystical source of energy for the house.
Boliqueime (4km) with its shops and two restaurants is perfect for essential amenties and you have a choice of several gorgeous sandy beaches within a 20-30 minute drive. East of Malhão, the elegant riverside town of Tavira, approached though a tapestry of lush orange and lemon plantations is a lovely day trip. Straddling the Rio Gilão it is considered one of the most pleasant and picturesque places on the Algarve, famous for its abundance of emblematic churches which number over thirty in total. A short distance across the estuary by ferry, the Ilha de Tavira is a wonderful sand dune island, ideal for swimming.
Maid service six days per week (not Sunday). Parties paying the small party rate (for up to 6 people) will not have access to the self-contained suite. The main pool can be heated (minimum three days notice to be fully effective) at a cost of €210 per week paid directly to the house owner. The main pool can be fenced on request (no extra charge if requested at time of booking). The owners of Casa do Inglês respectfully request that guests do not smoke inside the house.
Flexible changeover days are possible at this house- please enquire.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.