Maison La Seguinie
4 Bedrooms |
4 Bathrooms |
Heated Pool | Table Tennis | Extra Mezzanine Bedroom | Small Party Rate |
Sleeps 8 - 10
- Lower Ground floor: Two double bedrooms with French doors and en suite shower rooms. Twin bedroom. Bathroom.
- Main floor: Spacious open plan living/dining room (Satellite TV, DVD, CD, iPod dock, wood burning stove) with doors to dining terrace. Open plan kitchen (dishwasher, oven, microwave). Twin/double bedroom. Shower room. Utility area (washing machine) Underfloor heating throughout (payable locally).
- Spiral stairs lead to…..
- Mezzanine level: Spacious mezzanine room with twin beds & seating area (video, table football).
- Outside: Main floor dining terrace with gazebo. Rear terrace and grounds surrounding pool. Grounds of woodland (1 acre). Boules pitch. Table tennis. Barbecue. Private parking.
- Private heated swimming pool (10m x 5m) with corner steps.
In our quest for quality properties with style and character, it was a pleasure to discover Maison La Seguinie, a recently built house that impressively meets all these criteria. Indeed it came as no surprise that the owners are an architect and an interior designer. Their combined skills have created a beautifully finished property that evokes the local style yet is thoroughly modern, exuding flair and taste.
On the main floor, a double height ceiling makes a striking impression and creates an airy, spacious feel.
Within the open plan layout, there are three distinct zones: to one end sits the modern sleek kitchen providing everything (and more!) for a self catering holiday, the dining area enjoys views over the pool and at the far end plump sofas in blues and creams are grouped around the wood burning stove. A double bedroom and shower room complete this floor.
Oak stairs lead down to the other bedrooms, two of which have access to the garden. In keeping with the rest of the house, they are stylishly decorated, each with their own colour theme. Finally, mention must be made of the mezzanine, a bedroom/living space ideal for teenagers or young adults, with its fantastic views towards mountains in the far distance.
Attractively landscaped using local stone, with shrubs and flowers providing colour, the rear of the property is mainly given over to the pool, positioned to capture the sun throughout the day. Poolside furniture in blue echoes the interior colour theme and demonstrates the owners' attention to detail. Mature trees provide shady locations in which to sit or play table tennis and alfresco dining is catered for by way of the main floor terrace.
Martel (1km) hums with local life. Wander the narrow streets, past restaurants and shops, to reach the 'Place de la Halle', at the centre of which is the magnificent medieval wood framed market hall still in use today. It is the true heart of the town, where many events take place during the summer.
Beyond Martel, the countryside is peppered with beautiful villages and places to explore. Enjoy a trip on the local steam train, canoeing on the River Dordogne (5km), and visiting the famous site of Rocamadour (21km). The interesting and pretty towns of Souillac, Sarlat-la-Canéda, Carennac and St-Céré should also feature on your list of places to see.
Groups paying the small party rate will have use of the bedrooms on the lower ground floor only.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.