7 Bedrooms |
6 Bathrooms |
WiFi | Fenced Heated Pool | Tennis Court | Table Tennis | Small Party Rate |
- Ground floor: Entrance Hall, Spacious kitchen/diner (oven, microwave, dishwasher) with door to rear terrace.
Breakfast dining room with door to covered terrace.
Sitting room with doors to front and rear terraces.
- TV room (Freesat TV, DVD player & DVD collection, CD, WiFi). Utility room (2nd dishwasher).
Laundry room (washing machine). Cloakroom. Telephone (payable locally).
Underfloor heating throughout (payable locally).
- Intermediate level: Double bedroom (ceiling fan). Shower room.
- First floor: Landing/library area. Double bedroom (ceiling fan) with en suite bathroom and door to covered balcony.
Double bedroom (door to Petite Maison) with en suite shower room and door to covered balcony.
Double/Twin bedroom (double bed and single bed, ceiling fan).
Bedroom with bunk beds and large double bed (that can be separated).
Bathroom (separate shower). Galleried landing (doors to covered front terrace).
- Ground floor: Open plan living/dining room/kitchen (oven, microwave). Shower room. Mezzanine: Double bed (ceiling fan).
- Ground floor: Open plan living/dining room/kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher, CD, doors to covered terrace). Large TV room (freesat TV). Laundry room (washing machine).
- First floor: Double bedroom (ceiling fan, doors to balcony). Shower room.
- Outside: Large grounds (4 acres) of garden and orchard. Covered and open terraces. Pool house with summer kitchen (sink, fridge, barbecue) and changing room/cloakroom. Poolside shower. Barbecue.
Table tennis, boules equipment. Tennis court (all weather court, bring own equipment). Private parking.
- Private heated* fenced swimming pool (13m x 6m) with Roman steps.
Sitting in four acres of spacious grounds, Tournesol is a smart country retreat in the heart of the Tarn countryside. Sweeping views encompass the gentle rolling hills, woodland and to the north the fortified village of Salvagnac, whilst exploration of the domain reveals open and covered dining terraces, a lawned garden, meadowland, an orchard, table tennis, the private pool and a tennis court. The combination of space, facilities and quality of accommodation makes Tournesol an attractive choice for large groups of friends or families.
Running the length of the main house, the ample terrace is the perfect spot for outdoor dining and relaxing and is decorated with plant pots made from wine barrels sourced from the local vineyards. From here, the garden slopes down to the private pool, where you can enjoy far reaching views whilst swimming.
Tournesol's interior is equally appealing. Step inside and it is immediately apparent that the owners have spent time ensuring the rooms are comfortable and welcoming for all who stay. The well equipped kitchen makes self catering holidays a pleasure, patterned rugs cover tiled and wood floors, interesting, colourful artwork adorns the walls and plump sofas and king sized beds are standard.
Additional accommodation is to be found in both the 'Petite Maison', which adjoins the main house, and the 'Pigeonnier', a separate building just across the wide front terrace. Each one has open plan living/dining/kitchen facilities, with bedroom areas on the first floor. From 'Le Pigeonnier's' bedroom, doors open onto a balcony from where the wonderful views can be appreciated.
Salvagnac (3km) is an ancient bastide town, a friendly place with a number of facilities including a restaurant and a Wednesday market. Rabastens (10km), a pretty town on the banks of the River Tarn, is due south.
From here, you can catch a train to vibrant Toulouse or the 'Ville Rose' as it is also known, thanks to its distinctive brick architecture. Alternatively, a scenic drive past the Gaillac vineyards will bring you to the Grésigne Forest, the beautiful hilltop town of Cordes-sur-Ciel, and the River Aveyron.
Parties paying the small party rates: up to 12 people have use of the main house only; 13-14 people have use of the main house and the petite maison; 15-16 people have use of the main house, petite maison and the pigeonnier.
*The pool can be heated (payable locally) - please request at least one week prior to your stay.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.