Casa de Gondarem
4 Bedrooms |
2 Bathrooms |
Gated Pool | Games Room | WiFi | Village House |
- Upper floor: Entrance hall. Living/dining room (A/C,TV, DVD, CD, WiFi, wood burning stove) with patio doors to terraces on two sides. Kitchen (dishwasher, oven, microwave). Central heating throughout the house.
- Middle floor: Landing. Shower room. Single bedroom. Two double bedrooms, each with door to terrace. Principal double bedroom with door to terrace, en suite bathroom and dressing room.
- Lower floor (accessed from the garden): Games room (billiards table, table football, Grand piano).
- Outside: Tiered garden of lawns and flowerbeds. Open and covered terraces. Washing machine. In-built barbecue.
- Private gated swimming pool (11m x 5m) with corner Roman steps and surrounded by lawns.
From the picturesque River Minho that runs along Portugal’s border with Spain, cobbled lanes wind their way through a scenic landscape of gently sloping countryside and quaint stone villages. Here, nestling amidst the local houses and smallholdings of Gondarem, this beautifully presented home sits within a mature garden of lawns, flowers, lush trees and shrubs and provides the most comfortable of bases from which to soak up the local ambience of this charming unspoilt corner of Portugal.
In typical Minho style, the stone-clad properties of Gondarem are interspersed with pockets of local vineyards, orchards and fields occasionally used for grazing sheep, with local village life proceeding in an unhurried, traditional way that seems to have changed little over the years.
Just 800m from the house, the country estate of Quinta da Boega houses an elegant restaurant within its stately rooms with wonderful views across the River Minho. A short walk in the other direction is a local café/bar, 1.5km away is the nearest of a number of sandy river beaches, whilst all amenities and a good selection of restaurants can be found in riverside Vilanova de Cerveira (3km).
Entered via a traditional façade of rustic stone walls, Casa de Gondarem’s multi-level grounds of lawns and patios encircle a family home that has been stylishly restored with a clear talent for interior design. A chic décor of warm coloured paintwork, rich fabrics and classical furniture creates a striking sense of style and flair; on a lower level the one-time stable is now home to a charming games room, made warm and inviting by the deep red hues that decorate its walls.
One of the double bedrooms can be prepared with twin single beds if preferred. Please advise at time of booking.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.