Quinta da Bemvisa
5 Bedrooms |
6 Bathrooms |
Tennis Court | WiFi | Small Party Rate |
- Ground floor: Sitting room (fireplace, TV, DVD, CD) with doors to garden. Shower room (sloping ceiling). Kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher) with door to garden. Dining room with sitting area (fireplace, i-pod dock, TV, DVD, CD) with doors to garden and courtyard. WiFi. Central heating throughout the house.
- First floor: Hall/sitting area with door to steps leading down to the grounds. Double bedroom (four poster bed) with en suite bathroom and door leading to steps down to garden. Two double bedrooms with en suite bathroom. Twin bedroom with open en suite bathroom.
- Second floor: Double bedroom incorporating shower cubicle, WC and basin.
- Outside: Spacious grounds of lawned terraces. Open and covered terraces. Tennis court (bring your own equipment). Laundry room (washing machine). Covered poolside dining area. Poolside shower and WC. Barbecue. Private parking.
- Private, infinity swimming pool (11m x 5m) with wide Roman steps
Contemporary chic meets traditional heritage in this beautifully restored country residence, which sits amidst sweeping lawned grounds that incorporate a private tennis court, an idyllic infinity pool, a smart outdoor dining area and the most picturesque of vistas across undulating countryside towards the historic riverside town of Ponte de Lima, which is some 8km away.
His commitment to preserving the original style of a home that has belonged to his family for many generations led the owner of Quinta da Bemvisa to employ only the most skilled of craftsmen in the property’s recent restoration. Age old methods and techniques have been used to produce the exquisite honey coloured stonework that is displayed both in the house and the nearby barbecue area, whilst charming 16th Century features have been delightfully retained in the stone seats that adjoin bedroom windows and the ornate stone archways that span many of the doors.
These charming period features have been skilfully interwoven into a fresh décor of stylish muted tones, crisp white furnishings and carefully selected pinewood to produce an elegant interior that exudes quality, tradition and a delightful contemporary twist.
Outside, ample space is provided by the extensive grassed grounds, which slope southwards down from the house in wide terraces, dotted with fruit and olive trees and encircled at the bottom by a lush border of woodland and shrubs. On a raised level at the back lies the tennis court, which together with the swimming pool and its adjacent dining terrace looks out across the panoramic vista after which the house takes its name.
Nestling amidst the hills and valleys that make up this scenic view, a cluster of rooftops and spires signals the proximity of one of Portugal’s oldest and most historic towns. Sitting on the banks of the river, Ponte de Lima offers a delightful range of shops, bars and restaurants within its ornate squares and cobbled alleyways. This is a 10 minute drive from the house, whilst just 30 minutes further on lie the long stretches of sandy dune backed beach for which the Costa Verde is so favoured. Closer to hand, basic items can be bought in the village shop in Calheiros, just 1.5km away.
Terraced grounds mean that very young children may need supervision.
Booking & Availability: Select a Month (right) to view Availability and click on a price to Book Online.