Book With Confidence, Financial Security & Post Brexit Travel

Your Financial Security

We realise that financial protection is a consideration when choosing who to book a holiday property through. To ensure that you have complete peace of mind Vintage Travel participates in the following schemes giving you 100% financial security.

Vintage Travel holds an ATOL Licence with the Civil Aviation Authority.

Our ATOL number is ATOL 2787

We are also members of ABTA, The Travel Association, with whom we have lodged a bond to protect clients who do not book flight arrangements through us.

Vintage Travel is a Member of ABTA with membership number V5643. ABTA and ABTA members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA's Code of Conduct.

For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EG or visit

In either case your holiday through Vintage Travel is 100% financially secure.

Post Brexit

Travel in Europe from January 1st, 2021

As of January 1st 2021, the UK is no longer part of the EU.  Following the announcement of the trade deal, there are some practical changes to be aware of when planning your holiday and travelling in the EU, summarised below.  We recommend checking the ABTA and GOV.UK websites for up to date and detailed information.  


If you have a British passport, you will need to have at least three months left on your passport and your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years. If your current passport was issued before 1 October 2018, you might have had extra months from your previous passport added to its expiry date. These extra months do count towards the required three months that you will need on your passport on the day you plan to leave, but it does mean that it’s even more important to check that your passport will also be less than 10 years old on the date you enter the EU. Check the Foreign Office travel advice for the country you want to travel to (read the Entry Requirements section):

Driving in the EU

Your (photocard) UK driving licence continues to be valid in the EU. If you possess only a paper licence or the licence was issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man, you may need an international driving permit (IDP), available to purchase from the Post Office.

If you are taking your own car, you may need to display a UK sticker: if your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union Jack flag, you do not need a sticker; you will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following: a GB identifier with the Union flag; a Euro symbol; a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales; numbers and letters only. If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

Pet Passports

The EU pet passport (issued in the UK) is no longer valid.  An animal health certificate (AHC) is required for each pet each time you travel. Allow at least a month to arrange this. It is issued by your vet, no more than 10 days before you travel. Further details can be found here  


If you have an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card), it remains valid up to its expiry date.  If you do not have a valid EHIC, you can apply for a GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card).  Further details here

Travel Insurance

The EHIC/GHIC does not replace Travel Insurance and ABTA strongly advises you have comprehensive travel insurance (including health cover) in place when you book your holiday. 

You are, of course, free to choose with whom to take out travel insurance but  see our competitive rates that we have arranged through specialists Travel & General Insurance Services Limited who are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA (firm reference number 306537) full details of which can be found on the FCA website Vintage Spain Ltd (trading as Vintage Travel) is an Appointed Representative of Travel & General Insurance Limited.

Roaming Charges

Rules around mobile data roaming are changing meaning you may face charges when using your phone abroad, including for making calls, sending messages or using the internet. Check with your mobile phone provider about their data roaming policy. 

Additional Information

  • UK airlines continue to fly to the EU and vice-versa.  Ferries, Eurotunnel and Eurostar all continue to run.  
  • A visa is not required unless staying longer than 90 days in any 180-day period. 
  • At border control, you may be asked to show a return ticket at border control and that you have enough money for your stay.
  • You won’t be able to take any meat, milk or any products containing these items, fresh fruit, vegetables, plants or plant products into the EU. There are exceptions for powdered baby milk, baby food, or pet food required for medical reasons.