Just as you have taken great care with the selection of your holiday property and destination, we believe that the choice of travel arrangements is equally individual: some may opt for a short hop across the Channel, perhaps taking a few days’ leisurely drive through France; others may prefer the relaxation of a longer crossing, spending one or two nights at sea.
Our preferred supplier, Brittany Ferries offers a great choice for travellers to travel in their own car and make the journey part of the holiday. They offer a selection of western Channel routes to France, as well as the longer crossings from Plymouth or Portsmouth to Spain.
Choose your preferred Brittany Ferries crossing routes then call us on 01954 261431. Our staff will be happy to guide you through the options and quote our exclusive discounted rates for your journey.
Brittany Ferries routes to France
Sailing from Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth, directly to the western Channel ports of Caen, Cherbourg, St Malo and Roscoff, also to le Havre (économie service).
Portsmouth - Caen
- Daily crossings by classic cruise ferry, with daytime and overnight sailings. From Caen, there are excellent road links to the Autoroutes to the south and west.
Portsmouth - Cherbourg
- With a journey time of 3 hours on the high speed service, typical sailings are morning departures from Portsmouth, bringing you in to Cherbourg in time for lunch, with return crossings late afternoon.
Poole - Cherbourg
- Cruise ferry the Barfleur makes a more leisurely crossing on this the shortest of Brittany Ferries’ routes. Sailing at weekends from Poole in the morning, you’ll be in France in the early afternoon; return is in the evening, so convenient if driving up from further south in France or Spain.
Portsmouth - St Malo
- The longest Channel crossing, sailing direct into Brittany and giving the shortest driving distance to South West France. The boat has good dining and shopping facilities and cruises overnight from Portsmouth, with daytime return sailings from St Malo.
Plymouth - Roscoff
- Brittany Ferries’ only route to France from Plymouth brings you directly to Brittany in a 6-8 hour journey, with a choice of daytime and overnight crossings.
Brittany Ferries routes to Spain
Avoid the stress and hassle of air travel and take your car for the most easy, convenient way to holiday in Spain. Brittany Ferries operates luxurious cruise ferries to Spain with a choice of routes from Portsmouth and Plymouth to Santander and Bilbao. The ships offer comfortable cabins, stylish lounges and plenty of onboard entertainment such as cinemas, children's play areas, swimming pool and a choice of quality restaurants. Brittany Ferries' low cost 'économie' service on board the Connemara is ideal for those looking for a cheap, 'no frills' ferry ticket to Spain.
Plymouth - Santander
- The Portsmouth to Le Havre route takes about 20 hours, representing the fastest ferry service to Spain from the UK. Departures from Plymouth are on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons, arriving around lunchtime the following day, for easy access to northern Spain. Return sailings are on Mondays and Thursdays, but for added flexibility, mix and match your routes with options between Portsmouth and Spain.
Portsmouth - Bibao
- Start your holiday in style on a luxury cruise ferry! Portsmouth and Bilbao both offer easy access to motorways from the ports for an easy, fast onward journey. There are twice weekly sailings on this route, with the crossing taking between 30 and 36 hours.
Portsmouth - Santander
- There are excellent road links to both Portsmouth and Santander ports. Choose from two sailings a week onboard one of Brittany Ferries' luxury cruise ferries.
Air conditioned cabins, two-berth, four-berth with own facilities, the choice varies from ship to ship. On certain routes there are also luxury Commodore Class and De Luxe cabins – these are very popular so book early.
There are also some pet friendly cabins on board. All ships have a range of wheelchair-accessible cabins.