Book with Confidence - Your Financial Security

We realise that financial protection is a consideration when choosing who to book a holiday property through. To ensure that you have complete peace of mind Vintage Travel participates in the following schemes giving you 100% financial security.

Vintage Travel holds an ATOL Licence with the Civil Aviation Authority.

Our ATOL number is ATOL 2787

We are also members of ABTA, The Travel Association, with whom we have lodged a bond to protect clients who do not book flight arrangements through us.

Vintage Travel is a Member of ABTA with membership number V5643. ABTA and ABTA members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA's Code of Conduct.

For further information about ABTA, the Code of Conduct and the arbitration scheme available to you if you have a complaint, contact ABTA, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EG or visit

In either case your holiday through Vintage Travel is 100% financially secure.

Post Brexit

Travel in Europe from January 1st, 2021

As of January 1st 2021, the UK is no longer part of the EU.  Following the announcement of the trade deal, there are some practical changes to be aware of when planning your holiday and travelling in the EU, summarised below.  We recommend checking the ABTA and GOV.UK websites for up to date and detailed information.  


If you have a British passport, it must have been issued with in the last 10 years and have at least six months left on it.  The UK Government has published a website tool to check the validity of your passport under these rules. 

Driving in the EU

Your (photocard) UK driving licence continues to be valid in the EU. If you posses only a paper licence or the licence was issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man, you may need an international driving permit (IDP), available to purchase from the Post Office.

If you are taking your own car, you will need to take with you a paper copy of a green card from your insurers (apply at least a month before you are due to travel).  You will also need to display a GB sticker on your car (even if GB is shown on the number plate).    

Pet Passports

The EU pet passport (issued in the UK) is no longer valid.  An animal health certificate (AHC) is required for each pet each time you travel. Allow at least a month to arrange this. It is issued by your vet, no more than 10 days before you travel. Further details can be found here  


If you have an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card), it remains valid up to its expiry date.  If you do not have a valid EHIC, you can apply for a GHIC (Global Health Insurance Card).  Further details here

Travel Insurance

The EHIC/GHIC does not replace Travel Insurance and ABTA strongly advises you have comprehensive travel insurance (including health cover) in place when you book your holiday. 

You are, of course, free to choose with whom to take out travel insurance but  see our competitive rates that we have arranged through specialists Travel & General Insurance Services Limited who are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA (firm reference number 306537) full details of which can be found on the FCA website Vintage Spain Ltd (trading as Vintage Travel) is an Appointed Representative of Travel & General Insurance Limited.

Roaming Charges

The EU ban on roaming charges no longer apply to UK mobiles. The big providers have stated they have no plans to reintroduce charges for their UK customers but please check with your provider before you travel.

Additional Information

• UK airlines continue to fly to the EU and vice-versa.  Ferries, Eurotunnel and Eurostar all continue to run.  

• A visa is not required in 2021 unless staying longer than 90 days in any 180-day period. 

• At border control, you may be asked to show a return ticket at border control and that you have enough money for your stay.

• You won’t be able to take any meat, milk or any products containing these items into the EU. There are exceptions for powdered baby milk, baby food, or pet food required for medical reasons.