Masks must always be worn in public places, both indoors and outdoors as well as in private spaces open to the public, regardless of whether safety distances can be met or not. Children under 6 years old are exempt.
• As with all establishments, supermarkets provide hand sanitising gel at the entrance
• If gloves are provided these must be worn inside.
• Some supermarkets ask you to push your trolley ‘handle bars first’ through the check-out aisle as this creates more distance between you and the next person.
• Capacity in supermarkets is limited to 30%.
Shopping in General
• There may be separate doors assigned for entering and exiting, with directional arrows and distance markers clearly visible on the floor, where queues tend to form.
• Capacity in shops is limited to 30%.
• Local markets are operating as usual but masks must be worn and social distancing maintained.
• All of the beaches are open in Catalunya. The majority have limitations on the number of people allowed on the beach as social distancing must be maintained, but most services are available.
• In Palafrugell, there is an app called ‘Palafrugell al mòbil’ that gives information about the amount of space there is left on the Tamariu, Llafranc and Calella beaches. The app can be downloaded once in the area and cannot be downloaded outside Spain.
• In Begur, some of the beaches have limited access. The ‘beaches’ section at ‘www.visitbegur.cat’ gives information on the spaces available.
• Palamos, which covers the beaches in front of Vall Llobrega, has limited the number of people allowed on the beaches, but there is no way of checking if there is space in advance.
• Restaurants and bars are open for takeaway service only.
• Cash, debit and credit cards are accepted in shops and supermarkets
• Banks are open as usual but limit the number of people inside so it is usually necessary to queue outside and wait for a member of staff to call individual customers inside.
• The local bus service is limited so it is advisable to check the timetables posted on the bus stops before travelling. Masks must be worn on all public transport.
• Taxis are available as usual and masks are compulsory whilst in the taxi. The front passenger seat must be kept free and if passengers are not from the same group, the middle rear seat must also be kept free to allow for social distancing. Buses and minibuses are running with full occupancy.
• Social activities are limited to groups of a maximum of 6 people, both indoors and outdoors.