People are recommended to wear masks in open areas where social distancing is not possible. Masks must be worn on public transport by anyone over the age of 11 and in all enclosed public buildings.
• Masks do not need to be worn in cars unless travelling with people who are not in the same group.
• It is advisable to carry a face mask at all times in case it is needed,
• Face masks and hand sanitising gel are sold in supermarkets and chemists.
Supermarkets/Shopping in General
• Hand sanitising gel is provided at the entrance to shops.
• Masks must be worn in shops.
• There may be separate doors assigned for entering and exiting, with directional arrows and distance markers clearly visible on the floor, where queues tend to form.
• Local markets are operating as usual but social distancing must be maintained and masks are required.
• Beaches are open as usual and social distancing must be maintained with at least 1 metre between groups.
• The majority of restaurants and bars are now open with tables spaced 1m apart to allow for social distancing. There is a maximum of 10 people allowed at any one table and larger groups will be seated at separate tables.
• Masks do not have to be worn whilst seated, but must be worn whilst waiting and at any time customers leave the table.
• It is advisable to book a table.
• Cash, debit and credit cards are accepted in shops and supermarkets
• Banks are open but numbers allowed inside are limited. There is usually a queue outside and people are called in on an individual basis by a member of staff.
• Local bus and train services are limited, especially in more rural areas, so it is advisable to check the timetables well in advance. Masks must be worn on public transport.
• Taxis are available as usual; however, they can only carry 2 people or 3 in an 8-seat vehicle. The front passenger seat must be kept free and masks must be worn at all times.
• Most museums and tourist sites are now open although with a limited capacity. This could mean that there are queues outside and visitors need to wait to enter.